Translate

26 November 2009

Kaitlyn's Turkey Day Special

So here we are at Thanksgiving watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse Disney. Sort of like every other day. That is, until 9 a.m. hits.

At that point, we will introduce Kaitlyn to what I consider the start of the holiday season, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I think she'll enjoy it, considering the colors, music, floats and balloons that come across every 1.5 seconds. It truly is an ADHD wonderland.

Then it's off to Old Navy (Michelle doesn't know this yet, since she's still slumbering away) since there's some good deals and, if you get there early enough, some free swag before heading to YaYa and Pop-Pop's place for some food and football.

But the real reason for this post (and the holiday, lest we forget) is to give thanks for everything we have today. While I might be semi-retired and therefore a little lighter in the old wallet, there's plenty to be thankful for.

First and foremost, a wonderful family that is loving and supportive. It's been a long and tough road over the past seven months (God, really? Seven months?!?!) with some near misses, but it's all a learning process. Plus, as Michelle likes to say, there's a plan. Don't know what that is, but I guess if we knew we wouldn't learn anything.

Second is Kaitlyn. Granted, she's part of number one, but to have a daughter that is healthy, happy, adorable, too smart and funny as hell is more than I could ever ask for. Plus, without her none of you would have the pleasure of reading Growing Up Kaitlyn.

Third, I am thankful for Northstar Travel Media. What is Northstar Travel Media, you ask? Well, that is the company that pushed me toward semi-retirement. I am thankful for them because, without the salary they provided me for a year and a half, unemployment pay would be scarce and I would probably be asking everyone if they would like fries with their order. So thank you, Northstar Travel Media. Granted not for pushing me out the door, but at least for paying me close to what I was worth.

So from our family to yours (which is essentially mine since most of Growing Up Kaitlyn's readers are related in some way, shape and form), Happy Thanksgiving. And consider this my phone call, just in case the Tryptophan kicks in sooner than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment