Translate

11 November 2009

Greetings from Somerset Run

So I've been a little incognito the last few days, putting the finishing touches on my trip to the Home Planet, which has meant lots of packing, lots of cleaning (house and car) and lots of hair spray (to fit in, you know?).

If you've been following along, you know I've been dreading this trip, especially the whole getting to and fro part. Luckily, Kaitlyn was a saint, traffic and cops were non-existent and Michelle's bladder amazingly expanded to allow for limited stoppage. Long story short, House-to-House lasted a mere eight hours and change. Cha-ching.

So we made it in Tuesday night and did the whole sit around and catch up with the Nana and Pop-Pop, who gave the whole "We're glad to see you and Kaitlyn, but it's really past our bedtime and we can just do all this tomorrow at IHOP, right?" look. So Michelle, Kaitlyn and I kept them up for another two or three hours for gits and shiggles.

So on Wednesday, while Michelle and Kaitlyn criss-crossed Central Jersey to meet up with the women-folk, I grabbed my father and headed out to play a round of golf in that sub-50 degree weather. And by the way, who ordered the friggin' wind? He tried to wimp out on me before leaving, saying "I don't play in the rain" or something of the sort, but all I heard was "wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa" and it wasn't from Kaitlyn. I told him to grow a set and we made it around Fiddler's Elbow.

Nothing major going on with this post, just a little update since I haven't checked in for days. You'll get some later, including pics, since we're bringing Kaitlyn to the Crayola Factory on Thursday. Later, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment